Slobodskoy Center of Museums and Exhibitions unites three museums. The oldest of them - the Slobodskoy museum of local lore, history
and economy - was opened in
May, 1921. The founders of the museum were Vsevolod
Lebedev, a writer and a student of local lore, history and economy, and
Sergey Luppov, an artist.
The stock of the Slobodskoy Museum-Exhibition
Center includes more than 30
The arts collection is made up of more than 500
works of painting, drawing
and sculpture, many of them being of the
world significance. Paintings of the
Russian van-guard artists, such
as Olga Rozanova,
Alexandra Ester, Lyubov Pop-ova, Vera Pestel and Nickolay
Sinezubov were exposed in national galleries of London,
Berlin, Helsinki, Seoul, in the Russian
Museum and the Tretyakov Gallery.
The museum has large collections of bells and samovars, iron and
art castings, and silver.
There are more than 30 thousand items in its exhibition
halls and reserves. The collections of art castings,
clocks, samovars, bells and
small shaft-bow bells
In the past
Slobodskoy was famous for its master
craftsmen. The best known
articles of ancestors are bells and small bells. On their bronze sides
are family names of casters from Slobodskoy: the Karkins,
the Bakulevs, the Sitnikovs, the Popovs, the Makushins, the
Dmitry Vorobyov, a watchmaker from Slobodskoy is
one of the renowned watchmakers
of Vyatka. In the first quarter of the last century
he used to make grandfather clocks of great precision in carved
cases with bronze and copper
applique decoration. In the upper part of the clock
available in the museum it is inscribed above
the face: «In Slobodskoy Dmitry Vorobyov №
The museum funds contain such priceless
books as: the Gospels of 1627,
Psalter of 1645, the first translation of the Bible into Russian of 1790.
The Churchyard gate with the Trinity church - a monument of architecture of the Republican significance. It was built in 1772-1775 in the old graveyard on the southern outskirts of the town. At first the gate and the church were separate, but in the beginning of the XX century they were joined with an annexe. The style - the Vyatka baroQue.
A monument of architecture of the local significance. The building was built in 1809 in the former Glazov street and faces with its front the trade square. The style - the national romanticism.
The building of theformer Arcade
A monument of architecture of the local significance. It was built in 1876-1896 and was a component of the city trade square ensemble. At first the building was Г-shaped, but now its volume along the street of P. Stuchka is lost. The style - the provincial classicism.
The private residence of Gusev
A monument of architecture of the local significance. It was built in the middle of the XIX century for the local merchant Gusev. The style - the provincial classicism. At present - a dwelling