The manor-museum of A.N. Bakulev in
the Bakuli village of the Slobodskoy
district is particularly
popular. This museum
is inside the house where Bakulev, an outstanding scientist,
surgeon, a distinguished
public figure, academician was born and spent his
This is a two-storeyed house with a farmstead where
the big peasant family of Bakulevs
lived fa monument of the RF history and
culture). The exposition layout
of the peasant's log hut is interesting:
numerous small rooms, nurseries, small
bedrooms, rooms for guests.
Collections of country life utensils and handicraft goods, original necessities of
the Bakulevs' family,
documentary papers, medical and surgical instruments and
also learned works of the distinguished
fellow-countryman and his followers are exhibited in the museum.
The museum-house of Van Rainis is a literary-arts
museum (a monument of the RF history
and culture). It was opened in May 19**,
1992, and is a two-storeyed
wooden building with edifices in its yard ~ a coach-house and a well.
Exhibition halls are on the ground floor, a memorial zone-drawing-room
devoted to the national poet of Latvia Van Rainis (Yanis
is on the first flooor, another halt (adjacent to the
drawing room) tells us about
the life and public activity of the first people's commissar of
justice Pyotr Ivanovich Stuchka (Peteris Stuchka, 1865-1932). They were closely connected with years of coeducation
and friendship (Dora, a
sister of V. Rainis was married to P.Stuchka). In
1899 they were both
exiled to Slobodskoy.
John the Baptist's graveyard chapel- rotunda is a monument of architecture of the local significance. It was built in the middle of the XIX century. It is situated in the northern part of the graveyard at the road to settlement Demyanka. The style - classicism.
The Palace of Culture named after Gorky
A monument of culture of the local -significance. The building was built in 1937. The style - constructivism.